Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spring Fever!

This winter feels like it has been the longest winter of my life. Maybe it is because of Z and I am dying to get out with her. Maybe its because we have had so many separate cold snaps throughout the last couple months. Maybe I'm just getting old - I don't know. Maybe all of the above. Whatever it is, I broke down and bought a few summer items for Z at One Step Ahead online a few weeks ago, including these sunglasses. My mother commented, "you don't think she will actually keep those on, do you?!?" I suppose not - but honestly that is not what I was thinking of when I saw the adorable 1 year old model walking the beach in the online store as I sat in my turtleneck sweater right after paying my outrageous heat bill (that Jan bill is a killer if you aren't on the yearly prorated plan). Nor did I think of that when I took this picture - all I thought is how absolutely adorable Z looks in them (I think you might agree) and how much fun we are going to have this summer at the park, at the island (where our cabin is), or even just in the yard. Oh I can't wait for spring!!!

1 comment:

Emily, Scott, and August said...

You forgot one other option- maybe it really IS the longest winter of our lives, and the possible beginning of the next Ice Age. In which case, you wasted your $4.99. Although they might come in handy for snow glare.